Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Time To Say Goodbye




My husband has not been well for quite some time, and is now unable to do much at all. He needs a lot of care, so needless to say, trying to maintain our large property has become impossible for me. We have purchased a smaller home on a tiny lot. It has a great mountain view, and is in a very quiet gated community. It will be quite a change, but a necessary one.

I have a lot of good memories of establishing my garden and blogging about each of my plants and of the various blog friends I made along the way, but I must close that chapter of my life and move on. My husband needs a lot of care and that comes first.

Perhaps someday I can get back to gardening, albeit on a much smaller scale. I am taking about 15 potted cacti and succulents along to the new place, which is probably 10 too many for the size of the lot. The rest of my container cactus will go to various friends and our landscaper and all my yard art will either stay with the property or go to friends. What I will miss the most are all my wind chimes. I'll be lucky to be able to have one if the very close neighbors don't complain!

Even though I have not posted for quite some time, I still get questions from readers who happened to visit my blog while looking for information on a particular plant, and I've answered them all the best I can, and I will continue to do that as time permits. I do hope that I can occasionally visit my favorite blogs.

So long...

May the longtime sun shine upon you,
 all love surround you,
and the pure, pure light within you,
 guide your way on.
 

14 comments:

Jenn said...

Our journeys continually challenge us.

I suspect that you will still garden in small ways. It's hard for a gardener to not have some connection to that green spirit.

Walk in beauty.

Julie said...

Thank you for your Blog, enjoy your new journey

Julie said...

Dear Aiyana,
My love and prayers are with you and your husband. I pray your new place will be a comfort to you. I'm sure we will see you again, when the time is right, and when you are ready. Maybe a blog on an entirely different subject??? Thank you for all of the axing content you provided over the years! It has been a real source of joy for me!!!!!
Take good care of yourselves, and you will forever be in my heart.
Xoxo -Julie

Nicole said...

I found your blog last year and have not had a chance yet to read a great deal of it. I just wanted to tell you that I hope all goes well for the two of you and that I hope you are able to find beauty in whatever your surroundings. Blessings.

Nicole said...

I found your blog last year and have not had a chance yet to read a great deal of it. I just wanted to tell you that I hope all goes well for the two of you and that I hope you are able to find beauty in whatever your surroundings. Blessings.

Pam/Digging said...

I will miss your blog, Aiyana. Thank you for all your informative and beautiful posts over the years.

ketz said...

I would love to see your garden again. Don't forget your passion. Surely you will be back someday.

monument retaining walls

Heidi C said...

I have learned a lot from reading your blog. I hope you will leave it up, even if you don't post anything new. Thank you for sharing your love of plants with us.

I hope both you and your husband enjoy your new surroundings and your continuing life together. God bless you.

Nelson said...

Hoping for the best to the both of you.

"Bad Gardens copy, good gardens create, great gardens transcend. What all great gardens have
in common are their ability to pull the sensitive viewer out of him or herself and into the garden,
so completely that the separate self-sense disappears entirely, and at least for a brief moment
one is ushered into a nondual and timeless awareness. A great garden, in other words,
is mystical no matter what its actual content."
- Ken Wilbur

Unknown said...

During what season do you encounter the most bugs when trying to start a garden?

Chigiy said...

I am wishing you luck and love and peace in your new chapter. I will miss your blog. Take care of your husband and yourself.

Aiyana said...

Hi Phoenix,
I always had the most problems with bugs in mid-spring.

Aiyana said...

Thanks to everyone who has sent their best wishes over the past few months. Sadly, my husband passed away just three weeks after we moved. He did enjoy his short time in our smaller home, which is a comfort to me.

Lythrum said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Aiyana, prayers to you for healing.